The Government’s Disability Confident scheme helps employers make the most of the opportunities provided by employing disabled people. It is voluntary and has been developed by employers and representatives of disabled people.
There are three levels of accreditation: Committed, Employer and Leader. The Local Care proud to be a Disability Confident Committed and we’re committed to:
- ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
The accreditation recognises some of the proactive steps The Local Care are taking to support people with disabilities in applying for and working here at TLC.
Why ‘Disability Confident’?
At The Local Care we think it is one way of showing our commitment to creating an inclusive and diverse place to work.
We always continue to look for ways to do more, but this accreditation demonstrates to our employees and potential employees that we take our commitment to supporting people with disabilities at work seriously.